Cá Hấp Xì Dầu - Steam Bass with Soy Sauce
My girl wants to eat steam bass so steam bass spring roll is it. We rolled it with spring roll rice paper and dip into the special fermented fish sauce call mam nem. Hmmm yummy to tummy. hehehe
Cooking Time: 1 hours
Serving for 2
- Stripe Bass - If you go to the Asian market, ask them to clean (intestines and all the junks in the stomach out) a
- 1 tbsp mushroom seasoning
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of cooking wine. We used sherry cooking winne
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Green onion (you can put it into the seasoning or leave it out until the fish is done)
- Ginger cut it into strips
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
2. Cut and X on both side of the bass.
3. Marinade the bass with the mixed sauce. For better result, marinade and leave into the fridge for 3 hours. If you short on time like me just do it without waiting.
4. Steam the fish for 40 minutes. I poured half of beer mix with water. This will get rid of the fish smell.
Final product. You can serve it with rice or roll (spring roll) and deep into the sauce.
***This is not my recipe. I learned it from my sister*** I am not a chef, just a regular guy who love to cook.