How To Make Crispy Roast Pork - Thit Heo Quay
This recipe is not my recipe. You can find it anywhere on youtube or google. I am using this so I can go back to it when I need to cook for my finance. It something like a keepsake for me. Pictures and video will come later.
Time: 1 hour of cooking time not including prep works.
- 1 kg (2.2lbs) pork belly rinsed and pat dry.
- salt, sugar, black pepper, five spice powder - ngu vi huong, and white vinegar (it is good to have these in your pantry)
1. Mix the ingredients below for pork belly skin side (bowl #1) ***It is important that you brush this mixture evenly on the skin***
- 2 tea spoon (tsp) salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
2. Mix the ingredients below for the pork belly meat side (bowl #2)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
3. Preheat the oven 400 degree F (I preheated mine 450 because when you open the oven, the temperature will drop. This is to maintain the temperature at 400 degree)
4. Slide the meat (about 1/8 inch deep) and 1 inch away from each other
5. Rub mixture in bowl #2 all over the pork except for the skin. ***Very important that you do not get it on the skin or your skin will be burnt)
6. Turn the meat upside down on a plate and dry the skin clean with paper towel.
7. Brush the mixture in bowl #1 on the skin and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours if you're short on time. ***Best result is over night***
8. Place the pork with the skin side down on an aluminum foil in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
9. After 20 minutes, flip it over (the skin side is now facing up). Use paper towel to wipe the skin dry. (You can use a fork or a skewer to poke all over the skin to help it blows up, but it’s not a must.) Brush mix #1 on the skin again. Roast for another 20 minutes.
10. You will see bubbles start appearing on the skin. Take it out of the oven, wipe the fat on the skin and spread mix #1 again. Roast for the last 20 minutes.
Thai Mung Bean Vermicelli Glass Noodle Salad (Yum Woon Sen).Yum Woon Sen is a popular salad dish using glass noodle in Thailand. Glass noodle salad is make from …Mar 3rd 2021
Black Pepper Sauce with Swai Basa FishI have been cooking with black pepper sauce a lot lately. It just so delicious. I usually cook it wi …Feb 22nd 2021
Spicy Thai Holy Basil Stir-Fry ChickenThis is one of my favorite. It is simple and easy dish to make. I used it for lettuce wrap, taco, an …Feb 22nd 2021