This Thai chicken red curry is simple to cook even a dummy "wannabe" chef like me can follow and make it in 15 minutes. Yeah. This is no bullshit claim. You can use either chicken breasts or thighs to make this amazing Thai red curry. Anyway, I won't bore you with 1000 words to tell you how amazing this dish is or the origin of it (because I do not know either). But I know that you know this Thai chicken red curry is amazing. Let's get start...
For 4 Serving
1lb Chicken Breasts or Thigh - cut it in 1" thick piece. (I used chicken breasts)
14fl oz coconut cream or milk (You can use any brand of coconut milk, but I used Savoy Coconut Cream)
1/3 cup red curry paste (I used Maesri red curry paste) - The more you use the spicy the dish will be
2 Cups of Chicken Broth
2-3 Tablesppon Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Palm Sugar. (I used Eastland Palm Sugar. If you don't have palm sugar, you can use regular sugar)
Thai Basil for garnish
Kaffir Lime Leave for garnish
Red Chili Pepper or Red Bell Pepper to give it color.
Today, I feel like crookneck pumpkin and zucchini (cut it in small size piece) You can use any kind of squash you want with this Thai chicken red curry
1. Pour about 1/3 cup of savoy coconut cream into the pot and heat it. Let it comes to a simmering
2. Add in the red curry paste. Stir it to blend into the coconut milk
3. Put in the chicken breasts, follow with the rest of coconut cream and 2 cups of chicken broth. You can reduce the coconut cream if you don't want it to be so thick broth.
4. Add 1 Tbsp of fish sauce and palm sugar
4. Add in the crookneck pumpkin and squash.
5. Let is cook about 8-10 minutes on a medium high heat
6. Taste and adjust with fish sauce and sugar.
7. Add the kaffir lime leaves and the Thai basil.
8. To give a vibrant color, add the bell pepper or thai chili pepper.
9. Serve with jasmine white rice.
Isn't it simple? Now, you can find all the ingredients listed at your local Asian Supermarket. But if you preferred to shop online you can shop at our online store