I have been cooking black pepper beef for past few days. Why? because I can't go out. Everything I cooked, it is not an original recipe, but a recipe that you could easily search online or on youtube. I'm writing down this recipe for my benefit only. It is like a safe keeper so I can revisit it faster. This is also for our customers who want a quick and easy but no bullshit gibberish history about the dish. Anyway, let's start.
Protein: Beef. What kind? Any kind, but I used flank steak. Why? no reason, my wife just like it.
- About 1 lb
- Sliced the beef thinly then smash it to tenderize it
- Marinated: 1 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1 tsp mushroom seasoning, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp corn starch, 1 tsp black pepper. Mix it well and set aside
Veggies: Onion (a must), Green Onion (a must), bell-peppers (green and red for color)
- Slice the Onion. I used about 1 lb of onion
- Cut the green onion into 2". I used 2 stalks
- Slice the bell peppers
Sauce: Por Kwan Black Pepper Sauce. This is a pre-made sauce. Why reinvent the wheel, right?
- 2-3 tbsp of black pepper sauce
- Add 2 tbsp of chicken broth or water, 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 tbsp of cooking wine
- Mix it well
- In a wok, heat 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil. Let it heat up
- Put in the beef and stir fry it to your desire. I like beef medium rare
- Remove the beef onto a place and set it aside
- Depends on your oil, if you have a lot of oil left, remove it. If not, add some in. The about should be 2 tbsp.
- Pour in the green onion and onion. Stir fry it for 30 seconds or until you smell the fragrant.
- Pour in the bell peppers. Stir fry it for 1 minutes or longer. I like mine to be crunchy so 1 minute for me.
- Pour in the beef. Stir fry it for 30 seconds
- Pour in the sauce. Stir fry it for 1-2 minutes until the sauce mixed well with all the veggies and beef.
- Serve onto the place
- Enough it with white rice.
What do you think about this Black Pepper Beef recipe? Is it so simple and easy? Leave a comment below.