I have been cooking with black pepper sauce a lot lately. It just so delicious. I usually cook it with beef. If you want to learn how to cook it with beef check out this post: black pepper sauce with beef. But since this is the season of Lent, I thought of changing the beef to swai basa fish. Anyway, let's start.
Protein: Swai basa fish. You could use tilapia.
- About 1 lb
- Sliced the fish into cubes (dry it with paper towel)
Mixture: 1 cup of corn starch, 1 tsp mushroom seasoning, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder. Mix it well.
Veggies: Onion (a must), Green Onion (a must), bell-peppers (green, add red for color). Basically any veggies you desired.
- Slice the Onion. I used about half of onion
- Cut the green onion into 2". I used 2 stalks
- Slice the bell peppers
- Minced garlic
Minced garlic, minced shallot, fried chili, garlic chili, or chili flakes, and butter (optional)
Sauce: Por Kwan Black Pepper Sauce. This is a pre-made sauce. Why reinvent the wheel, right?
- 2-3 tbsp of black pepper sauce
- Add 4 tbsp of chicken broth or water, 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce, 1 tsp black pepper, 1tsp sugar, and 1 tbsp of cooking wine
- Mix it well
- Coat the fish with the mixture.
- In a wok or frying pan, add enough cooking oil to deep fry the fish. 2 minutes each side.
- Remove the excessive oil and coating after the fish is done.
- With same wok or frying pan, pour in 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil. Medium heat.
- Pour in the minced garlic, shallot, butter, 3 tbsp of sauce, and chili (depend on how spicy you want). Stir it for 1 minutes
- Add in the onion and green onion. Stir fry it for 1 minute.
- Add in the bell peppers. Stir fry it for 1 minutes or longer. I like mine to be crunchy so 1 minute for me.
- Add in the fry fishes. Stir fry it for 30 seconds
- Pour in the rest of sauce. Stir fry it for 1-2 minutes until the sauce mixed well with all the veggies and fishes.
- Serve onto the place
- Enough it with white rice.
What do you think about this black pepper sauce with swai basa? Is it so simple and easy? Leave a comment below.
The ingredients you can get it at your local Asian Market Store.