Black Pepper Sauce with Swai Basa Fish
I have been cooking with black pepper sauce a lot lately. It just so delicious. I usually cook it with beef. If you want to leave how to cook it with beef check out this post: black pepper sauce with beef. But since this is the season of Lent, I thought of changing the beef to swai basa fish. Anyway, let's start.
Protein: Swai basa fish. You could use tilapia.
- About 1 lb
- Sliced the fish into cubes (dry it with paper towel)
Mixture: 1 cup of corn starch, 1 tsp mushroom seasoning, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder. Mix it well.
Veggies: Onion (a must), Green Onion (a must), bell-peppers (green, add red for color). Basically any veggies you desired.
- Slice the Onion. I used about half of onion
- Cut the green onion into 2". I used 2 stalks
- Slice the bell peppers
- Minced garlic
Minced garlic, minced shallot, fried chili, garlic chili, or chili flakes, and butter (optional)
Sauce: Por Kwan Black Pepper Sauce. This is a pre-made sauce. Why reinvent the wheel, right?
- 2-3 tbsp of black pepper sauce
- Add 4 tbsp of chicken broth or water, 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce, 1 tsp black pepper, 1tsp sugar, and 1 tbsp of cooking wine
- Mix it well
- Coat the fish with the mixture.
- In a wok or frying pan, add enough cooking oil to deep fry the fish. 2 minutes each side.
- Remove the excessive oil and coating after the fish is done.
- With same wok or frying pan, pour in 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil. Medium heat.
- Pour in the minced garlic, shallot, butter, 3 tbsp of sauce, and chili (depend on how spicy you want). Stir it for 1 minutes
- Add in the onion and green onion. Stir fry it for 1 minute.
- Add in the bell peppers. Stir fry it for 1 minutes or longer. I like mine to be crunchy so 1 minute for me.
- Add in the fry fishes. Stir fry it for 30 seconds
- Pour in the rest of sauce. Stir fry it for 1-2 minutes until the sauce mixed well with all the veggies and fishes.
- Serve onto the place
- Enough it with white rice.
What do you think about this black pepper sauce with swai basa? Is it so simple and easy? Leave a comment below.
The ingredients you can get it at your local Asian Market Store.
Thai Mung Bean Vermicelli Glass Noodle Salad (Yum Woon Sen).Yum Woon Sen is a popular salad dish using glass noodle in Thailand. Glass noodle salad is make from …Mar 3rd 2021
Black Pepper Sauce with Swai Basa FishI have been cooking with black pepper sauce a lot lately. It just so delicious. I usually cook it wi …Feb 22nd 2021
Spicy Thai Holy Basil Stir-Fry ChickenThis is one of my favorite. It is simple and easy dish to make. I used it for lettuce wrap, taco, an …Feb 22nd 2021